NA
CONSOLE PC
AU
Rep:
85%
This is probably the worst update you have released, and I have been around since 09.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
70%
its fucking ugly as
bring back the old one
i got aids when i saw this
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
49%
It's not even close to Facebook lol, there's like a handful of features from there if that. Cheers to the others for clearing up a few things for me.I like that join date has been harder to view now, people will hopefully be a little less judgmental.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
53%
Quote from Curley on the 1st of February 2014:
It's not even close to Facebook lol, there's like a handful of features from there if that. Cheers to the others for clearing up a few things for me.I like that join date has been harder to view now, people will hopefully be a little less judgmental.

But now you can't tell if people are consolers.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
That is a shame. Lol
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from Muni on the 1st of February 2014:
If I knew how to check I would..But I'm going to assume it was Tweak because I followed him
Not yet, no lol.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Dislike, nothing wrong with the old one tbh
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
56%
Post Likes: 5
Here's my brutally honest opinion without a care in the world what old mate Aster thinks. Plus, he knows quite well I'm usually the first to speak my mind to him straight up. Whilst taking certain opinions public within a realm you 'work' for isn't usually the way one should act, I feel it's important to give you an angle from someone who has seen this version go from 0-100% and who also understands and is employed to handle marketing and social trends.

Firstly the big issue, change. For the most part, unless it's impulsive, change is widely disliked when the topic is something quite static and linear. Change should only usually occur to improve upon something or offer more variation whilst maintaining it's fundamentals. From there, it still has to maintain most of the aspects it had before the change was made.
Does CG do that? Forums, yes. Games, yes. Challenges, yes. Has CG altered the way in which you do it, no.
Has the visual appearance changed, god yes.
Does this create any more time once a user is as aware of the layout as the previous version? No

So there's the change component. It's different yes but all the same things you had in CG4 are still here in CG5 and apart from looking different, have not changed a single bit. At the moment I can't stand it! Everything has moved slightly, I can't find anything anymore, my god it's changed. But if you actually analyse the components that make up the site and how they were accessed, they have not changed much at all.

Now for the additions.
'oh it looks fb, i hate this shit'
'Do you even Twitter'
'Reddit where are you'

And I could go on but you get the drift. Ironically the funniest bit about these people complaining about the wall and hashtags etc, are complaining by using the features. Now I'm no brain surgeon but I'm pretty sure that would break the irony meter.....

Do I care much for all this new wall stuff and hashtags? Absolutely not in a million years. I hate social media for the most part. But do I think from an evolutionary standpoint this was the right direction? Absolutely yes. It basically completes every component of competitive gaming within the one realm now. Games, competitive games, computer and console discussions, social interaction.
So what do I do if I really hate it? Ignore it..... Geez that was really hard. How did I ever manage to not look at the wall. Oh that's right, I didn't look at it because I wasn't interested in it. If I had looked at it, negative or otherwise, it still would've meant it intrigued me somewhat. Any other reason to go to it would just mean I wanted to create an issue for whatever and that's not me, I don't care for morons like that.

So what do I think overall?
I think it is by far and away the biggest iteration change ever and will take a lot of time to get used to. It will be frustrating at times and I will want to break things at times. The difference to me though, is I know the website has been live for 48hrs and something like this product never ever, stay the same after release.
The only thing I fear, is the pace in which this social interaction has been implemented (there wasn't another choice other than do it in another 2 years which could've missed the boat). Even with my experience I'm still not sure if demographic that despises it has moved on enough or is mature enough to ignore it. Yes that can be fixed by force but obviously that's not the ideal way of handling things.

And all the issues we have?
We WILL fix the bugs
We WILL alter the illogical components.
We WILL monitor the added social hype

I could go on about everything we will do but I think you get the picture. Understand that this website was and always will be designed off the back of a select few people wanting to provide for the competitive gamers of AUS/NZ. If you think any of this has changed then you best take a reality and check the overheads verse the income and then you may understand this is still the main goal. Also sitting back and understanding that vision and the time and effort these guys go to (regardless of whether you think it's bad), to try and improve upon that, makes anyone who comes out with abuse directed towards their product, a pretty disrespectful and selfish person.

TL;DR Be patient guys and trust me when I say it will all go back to being the same old place you like visiting.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
NZ
Rep:
40%
too much white shit man like fucking lol
and the gold on the prem posts are frucking disgusting rof

should be fun though
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
85%
Quote from Tratty on the 1st of February 2014:
Here's my brutally honest opinion without a care in the world what old mate Aster thinks. Plus, he knows quite well I'm usually the first to speak my mind to him straight up. Whilst taking certain opinions public within a realm you 'work' for isn't usually the way one should act, I feel it's important to give you an angle from someone who has seen this version go from 0-100% and who also understands and is employed to handle marketing and social trends.

Firstly the big issue, change. For the most part, unless it's impulsive, change is widely disliked when the topic is something quite static and linear. Change should only usually occur to improve upon something or offer more variation whilst maintaining it's fundamentals. From there, it still has to maintain most of the aspects it had before the change was made.
Does CG do that? Forums, yes. Games, yes. Challenges, yes. Has CG altered the way in which you do it, no.
Has the visual appearance changed, god yes.
Does this create any more time once a user is as aware of the layout as the previous version? No

So there's the change component. It's different yes but all the same things you had in CG4 are still here in CG5 and apart from looking different, have not changed a single bit. At the moment I can't stand it! Everything has moved slightly, I can't find anything anymore, my god it's changed. But if you actually analyse the components that make up the site and how they were accessed, they have not changed much at all.

Now for the additions.
'oh it looks fb, i hate this shit'
'Do you even Twitter'
'Reddit where are you'

And I could go on but you get the drift. Ironically the funniest bit about these people complaining about the wall and hashtags etc, are complaining by using the features. Now I'm no brain surgeon but I'm pretty sure that would break the irony meter.....

Do I care much for all this new wall stuff and hashtags? Absolutely not in a million years. I hate social media for the most part. But do I think from an evolutionary standpoint this was the right direction? Absolutely yes. It basically completes every component of competitive gaming within the one realm now. Games, competitive games, computer and console discussions, social interaction.
So what do I do if I really hate it? Ignore it..... Geez that was really hard. How did I ever manage to not look at the wall. Oh that's right, I didn't look at it because I wasn't interested in it. If I had looked at it, negative or otherwise, it still would've meant it intrigued me somewhat. Any other reason to go to it would just mean I wanted to create an issue for whatever and that's not me, I don't care for morons like that.

So what do I think overall?
I think it is by far and away the biggest iteration change ever and will take a lot of time to get used to. It will be frustrating at times and I will want to break things at times. The difference to me though, is I know the website has been live for 48hrs and something like this product never ever, stay the same after release.
The only thing I fear, is the pace in which this social interaction has been implemented (there wasn't another choice other than do it in another 2 years which could've missed the boat). Even with my experience I'm still not sure if demographic that despises it has moved on enough or is mature enough to ignore it. Yes that can be fixed by force but obviously that's not the ideal way of handling things.

And all the issues we have?
We WILL fix the bugs
We WILL alter the illogical components.
We WILL monitor the added social hype

I could go on about everything we will do but I think you get the picture. Understand that this website was and always will be designed off the back of a select few people wanting to provide for the competitive gamers of AUS/NZ. If you think any of this has changed then you best take a reality and check the overheads verse the income and then you may understand this is still the main goal. Also sitting back and understanding that vision and the time and effort these guys go to (regardless of whether you think it's bad), to try and improve upon that, makes anyone who comes out with abuse directed towards their product, a pretty disrespectful and selfish person.

TL;DR Be patient guys and trust me when I say it will all go back to being the same old place you like visiting.

Hit the nail on the head.
Everything he just evaluated is completely true.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
Tratty, no need for the long posts.

We have golden backgrounds. Doesn't that explain itself?

I'm getting used to it as I use the website. Doesn't make it good or bad but at least it's functional and I can keep doing the things I did in CG4, CG3 and CG2. Which is competing in competitive ladders.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
53%
I'm also starting to think you guys can no longer fix disputes or are getting notifications that there actually is a dispute. Seeing as my SC2 match is still disputed. >_<
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
54%
leaderboards are kinda cool I guess
http://au.cybergamer.com/members/

also I liked links green so you new if they worked
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep: