NA
CONSOLE PC
AU
Rep:
50%
Quote from Tratty on the 1st of February 2014:
From there, it still has to maintain most of the aspects it had before the change was made.
Does CG do that? Forums, yes.
Oh so far from the truth, but don't let that stop you.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
56%
Quote from NussBuster on the 2nd of February 2014:
From there, it still has to maintain most of the aspects it had before the change was made.
Please enlighten me to how it doesn't and if there isn't in fact an aspect of CG4 in this version, I will gladly take this point to the Owners. I really think you will be hard pressed to find one.

P.S Yes there may be some bugs here and there so if that's the case I will let you know.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
46%
Post Likes: 1
Makes me not want to come on cg anymore tbh
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
50%
Quote from Tratty on the 2nd of February 2014:
Please enlighten me to how it doesn't and if there isn't in fact an aspect of CG4 in this version, I will gladly take this point to the Owners. I really think you will be hard pressed to find one.

P.S Yes there may be some bugs here and there so if that's the case I will let you know.
Quoting. It's pretty fundamental for forum posting, and it's a lot less intuitive in v5 than v4.

For example:

1: Highlight this sentence and quote it. v4 would take the sentence and quote it, v5 refreshes the whole page and quotes the whole post.

2: Type a 3 paragraph post, then highlight and quote the same sentence as before. v4 would take the sentence and quote it at the bottom of the 3 paragraph post, v5 refreshes the page, deletes the paragraphs and quotes the whole post.

They're probably related.

I've already covered this in a post earlier in the thread though, it's not all that far back.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
50%
Hmm, solid bug fix. Well done.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
69%
1: Highlight this sentence and quote it. v4 would take the sentence and quote it, v5 refreshes the whole page and quotes the whole post.

Works for me. Press the drop down box first, then highlight, then click quote. Same with typing first and then quoting. Press the drop down menu first and it still works lol
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
83%
Post Likes: 1
Pretty much anything that doesn't work now that existed in the previous versions is as a result of a bug and will be fixed.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
46%
Post Likes: 2
Don't know why there is quite a negative response to the new design.

I actually really, really like this and I am stoked to have V5 finally released.

Might be too much for the website / hosting to handle, would it be possible to have a theme / version changer on the bottom bar, that could allow users to change from V4 design to V5 or vice versa, V5 being the default for all new users?
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
56%
There are a few things I like and a few things I don't like. It will take some getting used to, but overall it's quite nice, things run smoother from what I've experienced so far.

Change is nice sometimes, although really and truly didn't have to be updated. But I guess it's just kind of tradition to be updated now.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
73%
The layout itself is good but I think the wall of arial font in front of me makes it look kinda drab. It seems like it lacks inspiration for lack of a better description - the last version looked really slick in that way. I think it shouldn't be too much effort to make it look a little easier on the eye instead of a wall of text.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
56%
I like it, well done!
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
64%
this is terrible, so hard to navigate around, i have a match tonight, and it doesn't even show up on the page, so stupid.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
52%
Quote from Wontonimus on the 2nd of February 2014:
this is terrible, so hard to navigate around, i have a match tonight, and it doesn't even show up on the page, so stupid.
Check the calander, mate.
http://puu.sh/6GOwW.jpg
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Finding your upcoming matches may be rather difficult for a select few people BUT I think everyone is just used to the traditional "upcoming matches" which would be at the top of every page.

Wouldn't mind if that still existed. After all, we're here for competitions.

(I have a match tonight too, I can still find more than 2 ways to get to the match details (In 2 clicks to be precise))

Edited twice, last edited 1/2/14 - 9:04pm.
Downvote
3.7 years ago
AU
Rep:
46%
Being a #439 member of cg I have to say this is the worst version of the site yet imo
Downvote
3.7 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
More
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
907 Votes