NA
CONSOLE PC
AU
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 4
Lmfao its hilarious how you're comparing Cybergamer to the likes of Riot, And "overseas tournaments" which i assume you're referring to ESEA/FaceIT/Counterpit events etc. First of all, they're bigger companies on the international stage. Secondly they have a much larger wallet than CG does.

You really need to stop fucking complain about sponsors. If it weren't for CG you literally wouldn't have an organization to run, for your what, a Smite team? Literally the only noteable team you have left. Your professional CSGO team died, essentially killing any sponsorship chances you could apply for.

If it werent for CG i doubt that the Australian esports community would have any exposure to international esports.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
I'm still concerned on how I can increase my chances on winning that mwave credit twice.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
Quote from MajinDabura on the 9th of October 2016:
You don't give us any info as to the viewership/traffic
but at the very least give me the analytics for your site and streams.

You have NEVER asked for this once, if you had asked me for it, you will know this IS something I will provide orgs. Not website stats as this is not relevant to any org how much traffic CG gets. But for stream stats if your team if competing, I see this as something that your sponsors may want to know, and I have on a number of occasions provided this to orgs who have asked.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU XBOX Smite Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Styx1337 on the 9th of October 2016:
When I saw this change first off I wasn't a fan. With Asterix showing just how much CG costs to run, I realised this was a good change.
This is 100% a good change and at first I was a bit iffy on some of the numbers, but I was stupid enough to think that the Co-Owner of the website didn't do number crunching. Asterix has the data and the numbers don't lie. He isn't doing this for his personal benefit, it's for the future of the website. If anything, this is actually a step toward becoming a bigger and better website that can allow greater competitions and grow the AU eSports scene more. It'd be great for CG to reach the level that all those websites/businesses are at that have been mentioned in this thread.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
73%
PC CS:GO Admin
Post Likes: 9
Good to see some people are accepting the changes after seeing the numbers.

Note to self though. If I go -$35,000 in a business and still don't start seeing any revenue/reward. Probably doing something wrong.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
79%
Content Team
Post Likes: 2
Some of you may not have liked his approach but Majin isnt exactly asking for people to part the seas here. You're getting caught up on one sentence and neglecting the rest. Obviously CG isn't going to hand over sponsor contacts.

Would be great if CG could release stream intel, host a booth for AU orgs to sell merch @ LAN events and other low cost activities that could greatly benefit AU orgs.

Granted this isn't the most appropriate method to request such things but watching some of the admins come running to the defence of Asterix - and looking a bit silly in the process - asif he couldn't take care of himself is pretty comical.

If CG want to raise costs, thats their choice, if people don't like it they won't play. Pretty simple equation.

Suggest tournament organisers get together with org owners more regularly (if you don't already - and if you do why are you talking about it here?). You could both do alot for each other very easily without looking ridiculous on the forums.

BOL all
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
76%
give inter lan events ;D
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
73%
PC CS:GO Admin
Post Likes: 4
Quote from forge on the 9th of October 2016:

Granted this isn't the most appropriate method to request such things but watching some of the admins come running to the defence of Asterix - and looking a bit silly in the process - asif he couldn't take care of himself is pretty comical.

BOL all

Come to his defence? You mean agree that Cybergamer can't keep running at a loss?

Though you may be the only one to have figured out the equation that if you are not happy with prices you don't pay, were not sheep, we can make our own decision and voice our own opinion on the matter.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
79%
Content Team
Good for you. Allow me to reiterate that you look silly doing so.

I think its important that admins understand once they take up a position like that they're unlikely to continue to be viewed through the same lens they once were.
You're privy to information/relationships that make you biased and that bias comes out in your posts.

I personally don't have an issue with the fee changes, but thats because I personally don't pay for them.

I suspect CG wouldn't exist if it was nothing but a money sink - these changes are obviously about trying to make CG more competitive/profitable but despite the fact that you can justify it don't expect everyone to swallow it with a smile - there will be more people who don't like it, who have plenty to say about it, and if every time one of them pops up you come back with a smart ass 'note to self' or sarcastic comment.. well lets just say you aren't doing anyone any favours.

Edited once, 8/10/16 - 10:45pm.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
NZ
Rep:
70%
I must say I applaud Asterix for holding back here. By the sounds of it, you need to communicate and ASK for things. As Cyanide pointed out, he would gladly provide that information.

If you asked for a booth at an event, as long as it wasn't a conflict of interest, I'd say it would be perfectly fine with organisers as it would lift the atmosphere with a bit more activity and sponsor recognition.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
so basically, all my team does (cga), is pay for premium?
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
77%
Heres the reality for you guys making budget or not the reason why cg worked so well is because you could play at a high level for such a little cost so usually the orgs would be fine covering fees or even people without them could play in a competitive environment hence the player base of cg compared to other Oceania websites/competitions. i have already heard people say they wont even be able to play in cga not because of entry fees but because of premium as stupid as it sounds i think you guys should of just upped the fee price because from my experience its alot easier asking people for money upfront rather than a retainer i have even got people in my own team saying they wont be able to get premium as its an individual thing now and relying on an org to pay for premium+fees. Imo this especially hurts the younger people coming into the scene with no org help how an earth are 13-14 year olds gonna be able to pay for themselves? i think there was another way going around this instead of going we're losing money quick charge! here's a suggestion make cg the best pug system in AUS i.e., better than ESEA and people would pay for the pug system alone.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from Jabbo on the 8th of October 2016:
Quote from Mirelurk on the 8th of October 2016:
Come on Fox you and I both know the pricing is ridiculous when team has to pay close to $200 for a season of CGA.
Don't worry $200 is nothing when I win the ipod nano giveaway and sell it!!!!
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
You better provide an invite season longer than 5 weeks for the amount of money you're asking. If its the same structure as last csgo season, you're taking the absolute piss. If indeed the season does run for 12 weeks it might be justified, but i've also been told that nothing is changing, so i'm not sure what to believe
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
69%
Quote from Cyanide. on the 9th of October 2016:
You don't give us any info as to the viewership/traffic
but at the very least give me the analytics for your site and streams.

You have NEVER asked for this once, if you had asked me for it, you will know this IS something I will provide orgs. Not website stats as this is not relevant to any org how much traffic CG gets. But for stream stats if your team if competing, I see this as something that your sponsors may want to know, and I have on a number of occasions provided this to orgs who have asked.

I've clearly been talking to the wrong people then. I'll come directly to you in future, thanks for clarifying that mate.

Quote from forge on the 9th of October 2016:
Some of you may not have liked his approach but Majin isnt exactly asking for people to part the seas here. You're getting caught up on one sentence and neglecting the rest. Obviously CG isn't going to hand over sponsor contacts.

Would be great if CG could release stream intel, host a booth for AU orgs to sell merch @ LAN events and other low cost activities that could greatly benefit AU orgs.

If CG want to raise costs, thats their choice, if people don't like it they won't play. Pretty simple equation.

Suggest tournament organisers get together with org owners more regularly (if you don't already - and if you do why are you talking about it here?). You could both do alot for each other very easily without looking ridiculous on the forums.

BOL all

Exactly. I'm just saying lets work together to make this as successful as possible. I'm not trying to slam CG or say I don't support it but we can definitely link up and push this thing further. Booths at events, more promotion around the orgs (which would benefit CG as well), a platform to push our sponsors etc. These are just the basic ways we can work together and for 1k+ a season I don't think I'm being a dick by bringing this topic up..

@asterix perhaps we can take this to a private chat and we can discuss it further. I'm sure we both have a lot of valuable things to share
Downvote
1.1 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1203 Votes