NA
CONSOLE PC
AU
Rep:
70%
Quote from -Kid- on the 9th of October 2016:
If you cant afford $30 sell some skins...
Compared to many other activities $30 or whatever the cost is for 2 months of competition is unbelievably reasonable.
When I used to play Paintball Competitively I would drop $1200 on one weekend alone, and you dont even have to leave your bedroom to play CG...
Get a job or do chores if you can't afford $30.

Most teams don't even win CGA anyways so like just play CGO and scrim around with better teams till you think you have what it takes or get a job
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Toneskies on the 9th of October 2016:
Most teams don't even win CGA anyways so like just play CGO and scrim around with better teams till you think you have what it takes or get a job

Interesting thought, maybe the open ladder will become more competitive after the pricing change
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
@moarphine is that my favorite caster?!?!

Legit havn't seen you in ages
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 2
Quote from strat0s on the 9th of October 2016:
@MajinDabura

How can you expect that from cybergamer? As a "Top" organisation you should be the one that needs the LEAST help in contacting sponsors. Asterix has done a fair job of showing you the expenses and loss that he/others incur from simply running the site. You also have to remember that CS is not the ONLY game on this website, there are other costs incurred from running other competitions etc as well.

Also, how do you think it would go down if CG handed all of these random organisations contact details to their sponsors? It's quite selfish of you to think that you can just expect that. You're an organisation owner and should come to expect that it is YOUR duty to contact sponsors. I remember contacting them when I was 15/16 asking for sponsorship for an Electric Vehicle competition that myself and a few peers wanted to enter. These were large mining companies and I had to have an interview for most of it, all off my own chest, with no interference from my school, workplace, or peers. Yes it can be difficult, but chuck yourself out there, break the ice, give them something to WANT to sponsor you for. You're a people's organisation that interacts with the community. There has to be something there that is sellable. Your streamers, for example.

I like you, you're a good guy, I enjoyed playing in the jays while I did, there are just things that you clearly aren't understanding here.

You evidently have no idea regarding how the inside of an organization works. Sending a list of achievements that is better than most orgs in Australia to a corporation's default email is not going to get you sponsored. Networking and actual person to person contact will escalate your chances of locking a deal by a million times, just because it's not automated and the same as everyone else.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
If the younger side of CG will somehow struggle to get CG premium (most of them somehow have money to spend on ESEA/skins so CG shouldn't be a problem) then maybe add in discounts if you're under x years old.
Probably easier said than done because obviously proof of age has to be provided etc, but it'll definitely help youth that are actually deece at the game.

As for the orgs not being able to pay for it, I've only heard one org complain about it so far and that's yours @katavace you guys currently have one team that will be competing at i assume a professional level on CG which is the smite team, please clarify if needed. Then theres the CGa female team running @ $150 a season minimum.

Like i said earlier to @majindabura
Quote from lukee. on the 9th of October 2016:
CG does everything for orgs, they allow you to play in the most notable leagues in Australia. I dont think the likes of chiefs, avant, exile5 etc got all their sponsors from handouts by CG, like stratos said they got them on their own accord. And i have no doubt that reference to their CG achievements were made.

So if you're truly that desperate for sponsors then go out and get them.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
JNR
AU
Rep:
72%
jesus onyx immature coming out of your mouth never thought i'd see the day xD
hows that chick from South Africa going dude bahahaha.

SPOILER: Click to view
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
@lukee like i don't even understand why you are still tagging both myself and majin, we have a website go look at our teams, or even better read back over majin's previous comments explaining what teams we have and how much that will cost, As for complaining not once have we complained about the prices so idek what your on about there, the closes i personally have come to complaining is about the standards of some of the immature admins and people of the community such as yourself.

Now if you wouldn't mind please stop tagging me in you pointless posts, and go do something productive.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Will these entry costs apply to leagues such as Smite, or because not directly labelled 'CGI, CGp etc' they are not included?
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
PC CS:GO Admin
@KataVACE

Fair point. I will just bite my tongue in the future. I didn't intend for my comment to be an insult. I also help run an org and know how frustrating it is sometimes. I am a fan of the passion and time you guys put into it.

However you are right. I should remain unbiased in my comments. Though don't try and have a dig at me personally, my inexperience doesn't cloud my knowledge on the subject.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
immaturity does that @foxw0w
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
@foxw0w

I honestly really appreciate a response like this, it's good to know that you don't mean to insult. Thank you for responding and i also hope my comments towards you weren't taken to heart, you just have to realize which i believe you do that comments of that nature don't help the progression and growth of the scene, players or orgs. But again thanks for the response and no hard feelings.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
81%
AU Site Admin
Quote from Posica on the 9th of October 2016:
Quote from Asterix on the 9th of October 2016:
Quote from Posica on the 9th of October 2016:
Does this mean we will get reimbursed for premium membership if the admins can't keep to the league schedule? I shouldn't have to pay more money because admins are unable to stick to a strict schedule.
In such a case, the requirement to maintain an active subscription for the last couple of weeks of the season would be removed. With this new model our intention is to head to far more continuous seasons with less down-time between seasons, sticking to a set schedule will become a lot more critical.
I'd keep an eye out on the playstation section because at this rate we will still be playing Black Ops 3 leagues while cod4/IW is out, its very unorganized.

Yeah running the highest density league in PS history with 5 days behind schedule overall for the year is super unorganised. Such an uneducated comment posica.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
immaturity does that @foxw0w

Waffle as much rubbish as you want, your opinion has literally zero weight. You're not a manager, you're not an org owner, you're not even a fucking player at this stage. You played the cheapest division last season, and even if you were playing this season, you'd be in the cheapest one there as well. And to add on top of that, you'd be paying for 1 team, not 4 or 5.

Nobody's directly complaining about the fees being raised, it's more about the fact that CG better step up with this next season if everybody is expected to pay over twice as much as the last.

And yes @Asterix people are comparing CG to "companies with a great many paid employees" but that's because the direction of CG, more-so in regards to CS:GO than any other game is virtually following footstep for footstep in the direction of ESEA. First a pug system that we then had to pay for, and now you need the site subscription just to play in the league, as well as the league fee.

Like fair enough it's all voluntary, but once again, if everybody's expected to pay twice as much as last season, and then this season turns out exactly the same as last..? That's where the problem's are really gonna start.

Like, if you go to McDonalds and pay 10$ for some piece of shit cheeseburger chips and a drink, and then a week later you go to a restaurant and pay 20$ for a burger related meal, and they literally give you a McDonalds meal, you'd be pretty fucked off.

BUT -> In saying that, I suppose we have to wait for the CS:GO announcement which will probably be in a few days max considering you need at least 2 months to complete the season and defcoN tweeted that it should finish mid december?
Downvote
1.1 years ago
NZ
Rep:
78%
Or you can just make the money through wagers... easy.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
I'm just sitting here waiting for the last league season of CS:GO to be paid out to players so I can get rid of this headset I bought from the dairy.
Downvote
1.1 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1196 Votes