4 months ago
AU
Rep:
38%
Post Likes: 3
Quote from Asterix on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from risen on the 19th of July 2017:
*snip

Thanks for the response mate. I may be an asshole, but let it be known that I'm not an ungrateful one.

Sorry that you're a glorified babysitter for a bunch of kids. Don't envy your position tbh.

Thanks for what you and the team do for this community.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
81%
Console Tournament Admin
After coming back to CG after a few years away and finding out I had to pay a sub fee to play in most games and what not was pretty shit but regardless it's keeping the site alive so I guess that's the bright side. I'm sure an extra 2-3 dollars a month ain't going to break the bank
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
Post Likes: 1
Not sure if you've mentioned it, but, how long have you had the studio for? and in that period how many days/weeks has it been used?
Downvote
4 months ago
kS.
AU
Rep:
79%
people need to stop complaining about prices going up when they probably didnt even disable their adblock for CG. As for the studio I don't know why there aren't LANs there and they're all at Arena tbh
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Oh get fucked.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
83%
Quote from Lazz on the 18th of July 2017:
Why do i have to pay extra and does this benefit me at all as a 5v5 player?
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Its literally less than $4 a week nerds
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Post Likes: 2
Haha pay 15 a month and we lose by entering cga cgm leagues for console. AND WE DONT EVEN USE THE STUDIO

Rip console
Downvote
4 months ago
NZ
Rep:
74%
not sure how to feel
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
@Asterix

Im not questioning the work you do for this community, also not questioning that you need more available funds.

I feel that the site wide premium increase is needed but is also a bit of a knee-jerk reaction (believe Quarterly to Yearly discounts should be increased).

Judging from reaction from the console noobs guys they dont seem to fond by it, im sure people in the CSGO side of things will go on with their day.

Things i think should be looked into further (more CSGO side of things which could be implemented elsewhere i imagine):

• League Fees - These surely should be bumped up especially for CGp, currently need to only pay $100 minimum + premium to have your shot at $15,000 prize pool + access to the studio. Those orgs up there arnt short on change, surely $100 per player (only need to pay for core) is more realistic? CGi is $15 for a $2,600 prize pool, CGp pool is nearly six times this with almost half the amount of teams. (>$12,000 per year) Would also add $10 (only for core) for CGa fees to limit the amount of dead teams and what not.
  • Studio - A group with 473 members isn't that much exposure, you also only have ~150 followers. I was more thinking in the line of how hard it would be to clean the whole place up and rent it out for birthdays, formals, non-PC related events. Maybe you only get 3-4 events per year but at $1000-$3000 (not sure on Adelaide prices) a pop its easy money.
  • Fundraising Raffles - Not sure whether sponsors give you access to PC Parts but say a mouse/mousepad/etc and people put in $5 for a chance to win it.
  • Ad-block - Ive personally got this switched off for certain sites, but i have come across sites where you cant access anything unless you have it off so maybe that could be on the agenda.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
66%
$127 for a .com.au LUL

Think this figure might be off slightly, standard registration for a .com.au is probably around $30 over a 2 year period
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
69%
Quote from Flashhh on the 19th of July 2017:
Its literally less than $4 a week nerds

if you get coffee and shit from starbucks skip it a couple times a month and spend that on premium.

people complain about rising costs but theyll complain more if cybergamer goes under and aus esports dies outside of esea
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
its all good for us console plebs paying more for fees. sure its only an extra couple of bucks. but are you going to inject more money into the console side? we have forever been shafted on this site for the pc master race. people are paying premium and league fees for absolutley nothing asterix. theres ment to be a premium comp every week for cod and thats been pushed back to how ever long between comps..

we are essentially paying for nothing other then a gold forum post

you have a reasonable sized community other then the pc section on your site and we are getting nothing out of our money spent on premium.

also while your at it i suggest pissing most of the psn admins because if your raising of premium fees doesnt kill the section, your incompetent admins who dont give two shits about it will.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 2
The studio fees is abit if a wank tbh... you get most of your money from cga level players and registrations. Yet you slap them in the face by offering the most miniscule amount of prize money for there div and then now ask for more money to pump the bigger leagues and cover your costs.

How about making the teams who actually benefit from the new premium subscription system pay some more money instead of the poor 500 odd cga players being left to chip in again.

Or keep the increase and actually even out the competitions prize money because this 600 bucks for a first place in cga is a joke when the cga players alone are bringing you in about 25k a season.

Your honestly taking the piss a little bit.
Downvote
4 months ago

LIVE: The Esports Show
The Esports Show
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1223 Votes