NA
CONSOLE PC
NZ
Rep:
82%
PS COD PUG Admin
Quote from Diddy. on the 19th of July 2017:
its all good for us console plebs paying more for fees. sure its only an extra couple of bucks. but are you going to inject more money into the console side? we have forever been shafted on this site for the pc master race. people are paying premium and league fees for absolutley nothing asterix. theres ment to be a premium comp every week for cod and thats been pushed back to how ever long between comps..

we are essentially paying for nothing other then a gold forum post

you have a reasonable sized community other then the pc section on your site and we are getting nothing out of our money spent on premium.

also while your at it i suggest pissing most of the psn admins because if your raising of premium fees doesnt kill the section, your incompetent admins who dont give two shits about it will.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
85%
Post Likes: 1
its all good for us console plebs paying more for fees. sure its only an extra couple of bucks. but are you going to inject more money into the console side? we have forever been shafted on this site for the pc master race. people are paying premium and league fees for absolutley nothing asterix. theres ment to be a premium comp every week for cod and thats been pushed back to how ever long between comps..

you have a reasonable sized community other then the pc section on your site and we are getting nothing out of our money spent on premium.

also while your at it i suggest pissing most of the psn admins because if your raising of premium fees doesnt kill the section, your incompetent admins who dont give two shits about it will.

+1
The PS community is almost if not bigger than the PC community and the only people gaining out of us are the pc players. Im sure we make up a huge chunk of the premium subscription so what will we gain from this?

New admins?
Higher prize pools?
More money competitions?
Most likely nothing.

Do us a favour a shaft Jiszmik, Gib, Travalord and anybody else who clearly doesnt give a fuck about the 5v5 scene and get some people onboard who dedicate time and are willing to grow the 5v5 scene. As much as you think its a dead end with the right staff and changes its literally a gold mine. The vast amount of public players that have no idea what cg is is remarkable plenty of room for expansion. The 5s scene basically funds itself lets be honest the injection if minimal if you add together the premium subscriptions and the money we pay to play leagues.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Everyone complaining once again. Pretty sure that this topic has been discussed over and over and CG is at no point where it makes huge amounts of money for the owner to live off or even a weekly bonus. The only profit/return I see Asterix making is when he sells this website.

PlayStation is just as valuable as PC, you get just as much when it comes to LAN's (CGPL) and prize distribution. Whether the prize distribution is not clearly seen, it spreads across your weekly CG tournaments...something us PC players do not care for.

The AEM introduction is meant to help occupy the CGPL studio space and provide more support for covering those monthly payments.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
85%
Quote from burk on the 19th of July 2017:
Everyone complaining once again. Pretty sure that this topic has been discussed over and over and CG is at no point where it makes huge amounts of money for the owner to live off or even a weekly bonus. The only profit/return I see Asterix making is when he sells this website.

PlayStation is just as valuable as PC, you get just as much when it comes to LAN's (CGPL) and prize distribution. Whether the prize distribution is not clearly seen, it spreads across your weekly CG tournaments...something us PC players do not care for.

The AEM introduction is meant to help occupy the CGPL studio space and provide more support for covering those monthly payments.

Wrong.
The 5v5 scene which is half if not more of the ps section benefits in no way.
No lans, Only comps we have are premium winnings which is like 24 hours each player if you win. Tournaments have over 15 teams each night aswell.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Quote from Skcel on the 19th of July 2017:
The PS community is almost if not bigger than the PC community
Yeah nah, i do agree with your point though
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU XBOX Smite Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin

@Skcel PS is nowhere near as big as PC. Anyway.... This is probably the information you're after which Asterix posted earlier in the thread which would've saved you a lot of typing.
http://au.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/p8917450
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Post Likes: 2
Currently in the ps 5v5 cga league we have 10 teams competing and at a $10 entry fee for the core 5 players needed to field a team, putting the prize pool of entry fees alone at $500.

The prize pool for this comp is at $600 with, *Prize pool calculated *16 CGa teams paying, Cybergamer reserves the right to change the calculation of the prize pool if we do not achieve these numbers, so this already could be potentially less.

Then you add in premium fees as everyone in this league is required to have premium to compete otherwise they get booted from the team. The top 4 teams will require 3 months premium which at these figures is $41.85 pp so in all $51.85 pp core to have a chance of winning something back, with the other 6 teams needing only 2 months premium so they're all at a lost of between $39.90 or the $41.85 depending on what subscription they chose.

Now the current prize pool break down is at (subject to change) $350 for first so running off a 5 man team that is $18.15 profit pp after taking out all the fees to compete.

Second place is at $175 so they all stand to lose $16.85 pp for coming second.

Third is $75 so they all stand to lose $36.85 pp.

Now considering that it costs $0 to play cgo and you get all the same experience as the league teams other then a week to week structured competition what incentives/exclusives are there to pay the premium to compete in leagues when 9/10 teams all lost money competing?
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
@ShadowG33Ktosis for someone who is apparently 27 you're very narrow minded.

CSGO CGa - $600 for first, $300 second, 3/4 $170, 5-8 $90.

Going to cost you $29.90-$41.85 to compete and each team is normally 5 players + sub. So six players share $600 = $58.15 profit, $300 = $8.05 profit, So out of ~ 70 CGa teams only two will make profit.

This means 2.86% make profit, should just cop it on the chin when 1 in 10 players are going to make profit.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
81%
@sckel I agree 100 percent with everything but one thing,

5v5 LAN wouldn't ever get the numbers bro admins in the past volt and kickass said they would organise one but never had the interest near even pursueing it.

But I agree new admins with interest in driving the 5v5 scene to bigger and better things wouldn't go a miss.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU XBOX Smite Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
@ShadowG33ktosis as explained a million times before, premium is not the same as an entry fee.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Quote from McDeeze on the 19th of July 2017:
@ShadowG33ktosis as explained a million times before, premium is not the same as an entry fee.

It essentially is if it required to compete you cant play leagues without it.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
Let's dive deeper on diddy's comment about the ps side being shafted. I'm going to compare the fees and prize pools from ps 5's to CSGO.
CSGO
CGp: 8 teams at $20 per player plus premium with a 15k prize pool.
CGi: 14 teams at $15 per player plus premium with a prize pool of 2.6k.
CGm: 14 teams at $10 per player plus premium with a 1.6k prize pool.
Playstation 5v5
CGi: 8 teams at $45 per player ($1800 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a 2.9k prize pool.
CGm 8 teams $25 per player($1000 minimum in sign ups) plus premium for a $1400 prize pool.
CGa 10 teams at $10 per player($500 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a $700 prize pool.
NOTE: all teams only required 5 people to pay league fees.
With the average ps team having about 7 players and each season running for 3 months, the top 4 teams from each league will need 3 months premium and the rest from the league need 2.
CGi/m on average pay $1540 in premium plus fees for the season.
CGa on average pay $1845 in premium plus fees for the season.
To then have Asterix say"Otherwise go play CGo or go play on another site."
Yeah good one!
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
Quote from Tyman on the 19th of July 2017:
Let's dive deeper on diddy's comment about the ps side being shafted. I'm going to compare the fees and prize pools from ps 5's to CSGO.
CSGO
CGp: 8 teams at $20 per player plus premium with a 15k prize pool.
CGi: 14 teams at $15 per player plus premium with a prize pool of 2.6k.
CGm: 14 teams at $10 per player plus premium with a 1.6k prize pool.
Playstation 5v5
CGi: 8 teams at $45 per player ($1800 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a 2.9k prize pool.
CGm 8 teams $25 per player($1000 minimum in sign ups) plus premium for a $1400 prize pool.
CGa 10 teams at $10 per player($500 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a $700 prize pool.
NOTE: all teams only required 5 people to pay league fees.
With the average ps team having about 7 players and each season running for 3 months, the top 4 teams from each league will need 3 months premium and the rest from the league need 2.
CGi/m on average pay $1540 in premium plus fees for the season.
CGa on average pay $1845 in premium plus fees for the season.
To then have Asterix say"Otherwise go play CGo or go play on another site."
Yeah good one!

What all you console fags guys fail to understand is that the sponsors are the main funding behind these prize pools. Dont see COD PS4 getting 5-10k viewers on twitch? The sponsors are mainly pushing money into the site for exposure and this exposure comes largely from the PC side of things (CS:GO).

You also have less people which equals more overhead expenses per person coming from your pocket and not contributed to the prize pool.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Which is premium for everyone is more expensive?
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU XBOX Smite Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from Asterix on the 19th of July 2017:
1. Selling the use of our studio is unlikely to ever be any kind of money maker, but it'd be nice if the place was used more.

2. Ads on the website bring in less than half what they did a year ago for the same page views, and i'd rather not disable the site for adblock users as that's pretty lame.

3. More and more chargebacks are occurring, which cost us like $20 each time.
Just nit picking at a few things here, I'm probably wrong as always but ye..

1. As a former PS Admin, I haven't seen an opportunity given to the 5v5 community to have a LAN. You could probably even get away without having to fly out a caster as the casters are generally players for teams within the community, most of which play at the top level which would attend LAN. This would mean the studio is getting extra use and we are providing more for their niche community. NOTE: This is subjective to the players in CGp willing to fly out to play their finals rather than playing online and also subject to costs that may arise that I am unaware of/haven't listed.

2. I'm sure everyone who has disabled adBlocker would be in agreement the advertisements are not bad/distracting or annoying.

3. Again I'm probably wrong but as a former Admin, one common ticket I see is 'refund premium' and this is caused from user error not de-selecting recurring payments. If chargebacks is referring to these premium incidents then in my eyes it would be a no brainer to have the default payment option as not recurring. If someone pays for 3 months and forgets to select recurring they can simply purchase again. If someone forgets to de-select recurring payments then it takes up your time to process the refund as well as possibly being involved with chargebacks?

4. Why is there no open LAN's? I'm sure CGPS/CGPC have their reasons, maybe because it'll interfere with leagues but that is literally what LAN's were a few years back and still are today. Sign your team up and pay an entry fee and make your own way to the event (bringing whatever is required). This would also increase activity at the studio.
Downvote
3 months ago