NA
CONSOLE PC
AU
Rep:
79%
AU XBOX Smite Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from Tyman on the 19th of July 2017:
Let's dive deeper on diddy's comment about the ps side being shafted. I'm going to compare the fees and prize pools from ps 5's to CSGO.
CSGO
CGp: 8 teams at $20 per player plus premium with a 15k prize pool.
CGi: 14 teams at $15 per player plus premium with a prize pool of 2.6k.
CGm: 14 teams at $10 per player plus premium with a 1.6k prize pool.
Playstation 5v5
CGi: 8 teams at $45 per player ($1800 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a 2.9k prize pool.
CGm 8 teams $25 per player($1000 minimum in sign ups) plus premium for a $1400 prize pool.
CGa 10 teams at $10 per player($500 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a $700 prize pool.
NOTE: all teams only required 5 people to pay league fees.
With the average ps team having about 7 players and each season running for 3 months, the top 4 teams from each league will need 3 months premium and the rest from the league need 2.
CGi/m on average pay $1540 in premium plus fees for the season.
CGa on average pay $1845 in premium plus fees for the season.
To then have Asterix say"Otherwise go play CGo or go play on another site."
Yeah good one!
CSGO is majority of CG community as explained numerous times including in this thread. PS 5v5 is not the entire PS community thus you're going to get a small slice of the CGPS pie. And being a niche community that isn't a world competitive standard that slice gets smaller.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 4
Quote from Skcel on the 19th of July 2017:
New admins?
Higher prize pools?
More money competitions?
Most likely nothing.

Do us a favour a shaft Jiszmik, Gib, Travalord and anybody else who clearly doesnt give a fuck about the 5v5 scene and get some people onboard who dedicate time and are willing to grow the 5v5 scene. As much as you think its a dead end with the right staff and changes its literally a gold mine. The vast amount of public players that have no idea what cg is is remarkable plenty of room for expansion. The 5s scene basically funds itself lets be honest the injection if minimal if you add together the premium subscriptions and the money we pay to play leagues.
This is painfully accurate.

Aster, I am confident youve barely sniffed around the PS scene since its massive spiral down back in 2012 (maybe 2013 iirc) but the state of the admins is one big circle fisted jerk. The fact that you have admins :
    abusing powers because theyve been proven wrong
    admins who have literally stolen money from the website / players
    and admins giving staff roles to past site banned users

its a prime example that the admin side of PS needs some sort of adjustment.

I mean, its come so far as a community run tournament being almost if not more popular than the CG Staff organized competitions, and the head admin Jizmik couldn't unchecked his ego enough to supply some sort of recognition for the winners? Is it really that hard to reward players with a ribbon for winning an (i guess you would call SoO annual) tournament.

Yet you expect people who are not apart of the PC scene to pay extra for 0 benefit? ah ok
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
84%
Post Likes: 1
Yeah i dont understand why he would refuse to give us a blue ribbon for a state of origin comp thats actually looking good, its like he doesnt want it to work out. Pretty sad tbh. Im all for new admins please asterix can we have a community vote?
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
82%
still havn't got my blue ribbon from bo2
Downvote
4 months ago
brq
AU
Rep:
82%
Great job scabs
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
50%
Post Likes: 2
I mean you would get a few more people renting the studio if it was somewhere like Sydney or Melbourne.

Just a thought
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
if possible just make it so noobs without premium have to disable ad block and good blokes like me who have premium get no ads
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Post Likes: 2
SPOILER: Click to view

You guys are completely ignoring the fact that we have a CGa league as well which is the most popular division in the entirety of Cybergamer. With it fielding over 80-100+ teams per season.

Now lets do some calculations. Rougly 80-100+ teams each season in CGa CS:GO which goes for around a three month period. 3 month subscription = $29.85. 100 teams x 5 players = 500 x 29.85 = $14925 -+ tax and sub players.

That's why our prize pool is much larger because we are the bigger community.

In my eyes 5v5 PS has been dead ever since the introduction of 4v4 back in MW3. And now due to CWL and how much its grown, your 5v5 is at a standstill...just like Starcraft 2. There's always those die hard SC2 players that will never quit keeping the game alive...exactly the same relevance towards 5v5 PS. I'm still seeing old guys from fucking BO1 playing the same game mode and all the new people that come into CGPS are playing 4v4 - because its more popular.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
Quote from in5aiyaN on the 19th of July 2017:
Let's dive deeper on diddy's comment about the ps side being shafted. I'm going to compare the fees and prize pools from ps 5's to CSGO.
CSGO
Playstation 5v5
CGi: 8 teams at $45 per player ($1800 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a 2.9k prize pool.
CGm 8 teams $25 per player($1000 minimum in sign ups) plus premium for a $1400 prize pool.
CGa 10 teams at $10 per player($500 minimum in sign ups) plus premium with a $700 prize pool.
With the average ps team having about 7 players and each season running for 3 months, the top 4 teams from each league will need 3 months premium and the rest from the league need 2.
Yeah good one!

What all you console fags guys fail to understand is that the sponsors are the main funding behind these prize pools. Dont see COD PS4 getting 5-10k viewers on twitch? The sponsors are mainly pushing money into the site for exposure and this exposure comes largely from the PC side of things (CS:GO).

You also have less people which equals more overhead expenses per person coming from your pocket and not contributed to the prize pool.
If you're in CGa and place 2nd or 3rd, you're still at a negative for money for your efforts for the last 3 months. CGm you need to place 1st or 2nd to be at a profit.
The ego is real.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
Quote from in5aiyaN on the 19th of July 2017:
CSGO
Playstation 5v5
Yeah good one!

What all you console fags guys fail to understand is that the sponsors are the main funding behind these prize pools. Dont see COD PS4 getting 5-10k viewers on twitch? The sponsors are mainly pushing money into the site for exposure and this exposure comes largely from the PC side of things (CS:GO).

You also have less people which equals more overhead expenses per person coming from your pocket and not contributed to the prize pool.
If you're in CGa and place 2nd or 3rd, you're still at a negative for money for your efforts for the last 3 months. CGm you need to place 1st or 2nd to be at a profit.
The ego is real.

Same as CGa for CSGO and u break even 3/4 for CGm.

You guys are acting like its easier to get 1st in a 14 team league compared to a 8 team league. You guys are way better off without considering CGp.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
85%
Quote from Lazz on the 19th of July 2017:
Yeah i dont understand why he would refuse to give us a blue ribbon for a state of origin comp thats actually looking good, its like he doesnt want it to work out. Pretty sad tbh. Im all for new admins please asterix can we have a community vote?

Winner gets a red ribbion and only because i messaged asterix privately myself for it.
Jiszmik gave me the cold shoulder as he literally cares little about the 5v5 scene let alone at all.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
85%
Also im for a community vote to revamp the PS 5v5 Staff. Get people who want to make change and make things alot better around here, can't be any worse than what we currently have on offer.

Even have 2-4 5v5 Only administrators.
Downvote
4 months ago
pez
AU
Rep:
81%
PS COD Admin
PS Media Team
Post Likes: 4
If anyone else hasn't noticed, we also pay premium for a monthly draw, that's hasn't been drawn since April???
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%
Quote from pezg0d on the 19th of July 2017:
If anyone else hasn't noticed, we also pay premium for a monthly draw, that's hasn't been drawn since April???

Does apple even make the ipod nano anynore?
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
83%
Post Likes: 5
Quote from Diddy. on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from pezg0d on the 19th of July 2017:

Does apple even make the ipod nano anynore?
theres a big box in adelaide that has hundreds back when cg got a sick deal on 100 nanos for the price of 98
Downvote
4 months ago