Rep:
86%
EU Site Admin
Quote from SUNSPINX on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from head on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from fURBYx on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from head on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from SUNSPINX on the 19th of July 2017:
Not commenting AU scene but for us @ EU we have only one premium feature -> captain priority in PUGs and we have to pay 8.5 Euro for this? You must be fucking out of reality.
Aren't you forgetting some things?

Like? We are be able to see screenshots from a played match, not really an advantage besides you can lame your enemy.
So because you don't find it usefull, nobody finds it usefull?

The price change for .EU isn't woth it at the moment but saying that its only about PUGS is wrong.

You are right also the CGAC screenshots but still even 5 EUR monthly for that would be too much. Compared to AU functions it's not fair for EU. Faceit is much more cheaper and you can do much more things there ...
There is no COD on faceit, we tried hosting CSGO on CG.EU but the admins didn't really do much

We can introduce more premium cups with good prize money but on .eu people rather use an other method.

PS: lets not forget that pay to play cup, some guy almost didn't want to pay out the money
Downvote
3 months ago
NZ
Rep:
73%
Sick Meme
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Quote from chiswell on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from polden on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from Asterix on the 18th of July 2017:
Hello everyone, a lot has changed in the 9 months since we made CyberGamer Premium mandatory for most competitions.

Our running costs have greatly risen since then, mainly due to our new studio in Adelaide which costs $9000+/month to run.

As such, the premium pricing structure will change on August 1st to the following:
Monthly: $14.95 per month
Quarterly: $13.95 per month ($41.85)
Biannual: $12.95 per month ($77.70)
Yearly: Will be removed due to lack of use.

CyberGamer is a small company, we are essentially run entirely by volunteers. Changes like this are not to increase our "profit" (there is none), but truly to cover our running costs. I hope most of you can understand.

Thanks

If I'm to pay more for a 'premium' service I'd like to see some improvement.

We compete in a CGa season without knowing how many teams are going to make it to finals, we don't know when they will be and we don't know how long they will go for. It's pretty damn hard to juggle and plan a full time job without knowing when competitions are going to be.

Not to mention the fact that there are a number of war servers that are not password protected and have been subject to disruptions during ladder matches.

Also, the absence of the monthly prize draw is a bit sad - announce an end or draw the prizes.

16 teams go to finals in cga every time and i mean like scheduling a full time job with the competing, you get like a week and a half to schedule a match and if you can because of your job then dont play until you have the time tbh

Name a full time job where anywhere under 2 weeks is acceptable notice ecsdee
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
81%
Post Likes: 2
HA CUNTS FUCKED.im not paying that. dream on
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Quote from polden on the 20th of July 2017:
Quote from chiswell on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from polden on the 19th of July 2017:
Hello everyone, a lot has changed in the 9 months since we made CyberGamer Premium mandatory for most competitions.

Our running costs have greatly risen since then, mainly due to our new studio in Adelaide which costs $9000+/month to run.

As such, the premium pricing structure will change on August 1st to the following:
Yearly: Will be removed due to lack of use.

CyberGamer is a small company, we are essentially run entirely by volunteers. Changes like this are not to increase our "profit" (there is none), but truly to cover our running costs. I hope most of you can understand.

Thanks

If I'm to pay more for a 'premium' service I'd like to see some improvement.

We compete in a CGa season without knowing how many teams are going to make it to finals, we don't know when they will be and we don't know how long they will go for. It's pretty damn hard to juggle and plan a full time job without knowing when competitions are going to be.

Not to mention the fact that there are a number of war servers that are not password protected and have been subject to disruptions during ladder matches.

Also, the absence of the monthly prize draw is a bit sad - announce an end or draw the prizes.

16 teams go to finals in cga every time and i mean like scheduling a full time job with the competing, you get like a week and a half to schedule a match and if you can because of your job then dont play until you have the time tbh

Name a full time job where anywhere under 2 weeks is acceptable notice ecsdee
2 weeks notice for what? lmao just play after your job, and if you cant play then your job is not a standard 9-5 job and shouldnt be playing anyways
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
78%
PS Moderator
Post Likes: 3

A season payment would be good e.g. cod 4s season or csgo season.
1 payment what will cover that season so you dont have to keep paying during the season

just a thought
Downvote
3 months ago
r1z
AU
Rep:
76%
Quote from DALEROXX on the 21st of July 2017:

1 payment what will cover that season so you dont have to keep paying during the season

just a thought

That's just the old system? (e.g 50 dollars entry fee per team = 10 dollars per person)
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
78%
PS Moderator
Quote from r1z on the 21st of July 2017:

just a thought

That's just the old system? (e.g 50 dollars entry fee per team = 10 dollars per person)

talking premium not entry fee
Downvote
3 months ago
neg
AU
Rep:
58%
Well 'CG' wasnt 'losing' money when Talnoy was in charge of business relations and such was it..

Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
57%
Why would one pay for premium anyway?

Changes like this are not to increase our "profit" (there is none)
Why are you registered for GST then?
Downvote
3 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Skcel on the 19th of July 2017:
Quote from burk on the 19th of July 2017:
Everyone complaining once again. Pretty sure that this topic has been discussed over and over and CG is at no point where it makes huge amounts of money for the owner to live off or even a weekly bonus. The only profit/return I see Asterix making is when he sells this website.

PlayStation is just as valuable as PC, you get just as much when it comes to LAN's (CGPL) and prize distribution. Whether the prize distribution is not clearly seen, it spreads across your weekly CG tournaments...something us PC players do not care for.

The AEM introduction is meant to help occupy the CGPL studio space and provide more support for covering those monthly payments.

Wrong.
The 5v5 scene which is half if not more of the ps section benefits in no way.
No lans, Only comps we have are premium winnings which is like 24 hours each player if you win. Tournaments have over 15 teams each night aswell.
We support 4v4 on LAN/pro, because that is what the rest of the world seems to only support, we can't support both at that level. There is strong arguments to not supporting 5v5 at all. It would be my preference to only support 4v4 seeing as the 5v5 players seem to think it's unfair that they don't get what the 4v4 players get when 5v5 is lucky to have anything more than some casual tournaments given that you are just diluting your platform into two groups for no reason which essentially splits all your prize pools into two.

PS is also about half the PC platform on premium numbers.

Quote from Antonio on the 24th of July 2017:
Why would one pay for premium anyway?

Quote from Asterix on the 18th of July 2017::
Changes like this are not to increase our "profit" (there is none)
Why are you registered for GST then?
That's not how it works mate. Regardless, my point was that this change it to help us meet our costs. Back in the day when CG cost 2-3k/month to run, having a sponsor payment come 3 months late or having ends not quite meet wasn't such a big deal. Nowadays, it would cause serious problems.

Quote from Antonio on the 24th of July 2017:
Well 'CG' wasnt 'losing' money when Talnoy was in charge of business relations and such was it..
CG has always been in the same spot where we just want our expenses to be covered. We've run "at cost" for 10 years, also in hindsight we should have moved to the premium model years and years ago.

just a thought
This was the old system and was a nightmare for several reasons, but mainly because we received all our money on a single day and then nothing for 3 months, it was very hard to plan around. We also want premium to give you more benefits across the site.

I've provided you guys with a number of reasons for this change, which I do not need to do. We can set our prices to whatever we think is reasonable, if you don't agree then don't subscribe.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
79%
@asterix You're dumber than i thought if you think we're diluting in to 2 groups for no reason...
Some like 4v4, some don't. Some like 5v5, some don't.
"I've provided you guys with a number of reasons for this change, which I do not need to do. We can set our prices to whatever we think is reasonable, if you don't agree then don't subscribe."
We're essentially paying you for a service, so yes i do think an explanation is needed.
Anyway, good luck with slowly running cg in to the ground.
Downvote
3 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Tyman on the 24th of July 2017:
@asterix You're dumber than i thought if you think we're diluting in to 2 groups for no reason...
"I've provided you guys with a number of reasons for this change, which I do not need to do. We can set our prices to whatever we think is reasonable, if you don't agree then don't subscribe."
We're essentially paying you for a service, so yes i do think an explanation is needed.
Yeah i'd settle down bud. Back in the day GameArena had 6v6 and 8v8 Call of duty 1, whilst the rest of the world was playing 5v5. In time players and teams do adapt.

Regardless, whether you guys have 5v5 and 4v4 is up to the PS admins. If it was up to me I wouldn't bother supporting 5v5.

Secondly I have provided an explanation...

Cheers
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
70%
cg isnt the same as it used to be around bo1/mw3/bo2 days.

premium,comps,the community and staff members. everybody has got to accept it.
Downvote
3 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Quote from Asterix on the 24th of July 2017:
Quote from Tyman on the 24th of July 2017:
Yeah i'd settle down bud. Back in the day GameArena had 6v6 and 8v8 Call of duty 1, whilst the rest of the world was playing 5v5. In time players and teams do adapt.

Regardless, whether you guys have 5v5 and 4v4 is up to the PS admins. If it was up to me I wouldn't bother supporting 5v5.

Secondly I have provided an explanation...

Cheers

Ahh the days of Gamearena. lmao... goodtimes.
Downvote
3 months ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1192 Votes